Recovering from a disaster such as a fire or flood can seem insurmountable, both emotionally and physically. Unfortunately, few homeowners or business owners are prepared for the short- and long-term consequences, and are left to find a way to pick up the pieces. After the smoke has cleared or the water has receded, there are so many calls to make and steps to take to restore life to the way it once was.
At DMS design, we specialize in fire and flood disaster reconstruction projects. We understand the rollercoaster that our clients are on and we use our proven expertise to put our clients at ease about the process, and ultimately, the finished product. We coordinate closely with our clients to prepare plans to restore and/or rebuild their home or business. We understand the time sensitive nature of this work and we stand by ready to assist.
Repairing fire and/or flood damage takes careful work and attention to detail. Once family members and loved ones have safely escaped the disaster there is much to do. Here is a quick list of things to consider as you recover from the horrific event.
- Have a safety assessment completed on the property before re-entering the area to gain access to anything that is salvageable.
- Secure the business or apartment property with the help of fire professionals and security experts who know how to fence-off and secure properly.
- Make necessary phone calls including: insurance company to get the ball rolling on a claim, credit companies and utility companies who are usually willing to work with clients to lower or defer payments until the crisis is over.
- Schedule a Building Inspection and a Damage Assessment.
- Schedule a cleanup crew.
- Coordinate with a Restoration Provider and the professionals who have handled fire and flood disasters for years.
If you or someone you know has been in a flood or fire, call DMS design at 978-965-3470 or visit our website at DMS design to learn more.